Match Report Buzzing Beadle downs Boston in FA Cup thriller
Monday 2nd October 2017 @ 12:10 by Mark Phillip
Football Sports

FA Cup Third Qualifying Round:

Boston Town 2-3 Hyde United

Hyde United extended their unbeaten run to 22 games with a 3-2 win at Boston Town in the FA Cup on Saturday

With fantastic travelling support Hyde were pleased to see a perfect playing surface. The game started at a frantic pace with Boston closing the Hyde players down quickly, making sure that they were aware of their physical presence. This meant the Tigers looked to match them rather than playing football, and the game became scrappy which benefited Boston. Ten minutes in and Boston took the lead with a set piece free kick to the far post which wasn’t dealt with, allowing the Boston player to side foot home. On half an hour a clash of heads resulted in a yellow card for Kyle Harrison, who was then unfortunate to collect a second yellow ten minutes later meaning he was dismissed. Ten man Hyde were stung into life and suddenly controlling the game, and it was no surprise when Matt Beadle latched onto a through ball, turned his man and fired an unstoppable shot across the keeper into the far corner of Boston’s net. 1-1.

The final four minutes saw Hyde apply the pressure, with Beadle and Tyrone Gay forcing the Boston keeper into good saves.

The second-half saw an invigorated ten man Hyde looking to get on the front foot and the opening twenty minutes was played in the Boston half, but it was Boston who re-took the lead. A long ball into the left hand channel allowed the outstanding Boston number 11 to take a touch into the box, forcing James Burke into a challenge for which the referee awarded a penalty. Boston’s number 14 converted the spot kick.

Hyde weathered five minutes of pressure, reorganised and took control of the game again, drawing level when a ball into the box was controlled on the chest by Beadle as he was cleaned out from behind, meaning the referee awarded a penalty to theTigers. Beadle picked himself up and calmly slotted the ball home to the keepers right to make it 2-2.

The final ten minutes were frantic with both teams keen to win the game, but it was Hyde who looked fitter and more in control and with less than three minutes remaining they broke quickly with a ball played up to Beadle, who controlled first time before turning and sliding the ball through for Big Khamsuk to run in on goal, avoiding a tackle before rounding the keeper and firing the ball goal-wards to see it acrobatically saved by the Boston captain. Red card and a penalty to Hyde. Beadle placed the ball and fired the spot kick into the same side as earlier, booking the Tigers’ place in the next round of the competition.

By Mark Worthington