Weather Icon 6.6°C Overcast
Cooking fire claims casualty in Droylsden
Thursday 2nd March 2017 @ 12:00 by Nigel P.
Ashton Community Droylsden News

Arnold drive, Droylsden, where a fire in a grill pan broke out on Tuesday sending one person to hospital.

One person was taken to hospital following a kitchen fire in Droylsden on Tuesday evening.

The fire broke out when a grill pan caught fire in the kitchen of a home on Arnold Drive, Droylsden.

GMFRS sent two fire engines from Philips Park and Ashton under Lyne to tackle the incident, that occurred at around 6.30pm.

The firefighters used a pressure fan to clear the smoke and were in attendance for 40 minutes.

The casualty was taken by ambulance to be treated for smoke inhalation at Tameside hospital.