Weekend Review Chadderton Park Sports Club
Sunday 1st April 2018 @ 21:00 by Mark Phillip
North Bury League
Chadderton Park under 14’s Lions went three points clear at the top of the Under 14’s Premiership with an outstanding 12-0 win at home to Brandlesholme Warriors Panthers.
With some eggcellent football played on a soggy pitch, Dalton Martins opened the scoring with a cracking effort and Charlie Sarsfield added a second with a 45 yard screamer of a goal.
Egged on by a freezing crowd, early chances went begging and the Brandlesholme keeper played well, but Antonios Koiloropoulos added a third goal before half time to make it 3-0.
With the wind at their backs the Lions tore through the opposition in the second half, with further goals from both Koiloropoulos and Martins to put the Lions five up. Amen Emmanuel made it 6-0 with a good old fashioned toe bunger.  Lawrence Arthur who was having a great game made it 7-0 with a lovely taken goal and this was followed with Lewis North scoring a quick fire brace to make it 9-0. A second goal from Arthur made it 10-0 before Matthew Cooper scored a deserved goal before Martins completed his hat-trick to make the final score 12-0.
Chadderton Park under 12’s Cobras enjoyed a very credible 1-1 draw away at Roach Dynamos Black on a wet and very cold windy morning.
The game was played end to end with some great energy from both teams. Cobras went behind with a bit of a mix up against the run of play but they battled hard and got back in the game with a powerful penalty finish from Jac Smith, the game played out 1-1 with the wind proving a stern test and the Cobras also finding the Roach keeper in fine form keeping out attack after attack from the Cobras.
Tameside Saturday league 
Chadderton Park under 17’s Eagles suffered back to back defeats against Brendon Bees on a Saturday morning double header.
The first game was a hard fought encounter with both teams playing some excellent football, Brendon took an early lead scoring in the opening minutes. Both teams created further chances in the first half but failed to capitalise on them. Niall Webb had the ball in the back of the net early in the second half but the referee had already blown for a foul on Webb, who took the subsequent free kick only to hit the cross bar.
Brendon Bees went 2-0 when a misunderstanding between the Eagles Keeper and defender gifted the Bees their second goal.
It was three-nil two minutes later when a shout from outside the area squeezed past the Eagles keeper.
But within a minute it was 3-1 when a Bees defender failed to deal with a cross into the area and could only head it past his own keeper.
Five minutes before full time a terrific through ball from Webb put Kade May through on goal and he calmly slotted home from close range to make it 3-2.
The Eagles pushed for an equaliser but with time running out the Eagles gave away a cheap free kick and were duly punished to make the final score 4-2 after the 60 minutes.
The second game was a much harder task for the already tired Eagles with Brendon Bees able to bring on 8 fresh players for the second game. The Eagles battled hard but were not rewarded for their effort, despite a superb display from Ben Ellis and goalkeeper Macauley Booth and the rest of the Eagles, their tiredness from the first game proved deciding and costly as the Bees ran out 6-0 winners in the second game. But the Eagles never gave up on the task and were unfortunate not to get a consolation goal for their efforts.
By Andy May