Droylsden extend unbeaten league run to five games
Monday 6th November 2017 @ 14:17 by Mark Phillip
Football Sports

Evo-Stik First Division North

Colwyn Bay 1-2 Droylsden

Two goals early in the second half sandwiched between a Colwyn Bay equaliser saw Droylsden claim all three points on the North Wales coast.

Liam Caddick’s forty eight minute strike put the Bloods ahead only for the defence to switch off minutes later to allow Danny Andrews to waltz into the area unchallenged to level.

Three minutes later the visitors were back in front, a quickly taken throw finding Jamie Frost on the byline who squared the ball for Ciaran Kilheeney to strike home from inside the six yard box to end a frenetic fifteen minutes of end to end play.

The first half saw both teams creating chances and both keepers called into action to save their defenders.
Matt Cooper in particular in the Seagulls goal saving brilliantly to deny what appeared to be a certain Kilheeney goal in the quarter hour mark.

At the other end it took a great defensive block by Shaquille Clarke to deny Jack Hindle, while chances for Danny Andrews and Louis Barnes on another day could have found the back of the net.

Less than a minute after the resumption, it took a wonderful save from Branagan to deny Mullholland from putting the home team in front.

Then twenty minutes of frenetic end to end action which as well as the three goals saw a Kyle Jacobs shot fly just over Branagan’s bar and a Jack Hindle header come back off the underside of the bar.

Droylsden would find themselves camped inside their own half for much of the rest of the second half with Colwyn Bay pressing for an equaliser.

Mullholland again coming close with a shot that was well saved by Branagan and the Bloods keeper was once again called into action in the last ten minutes, saving from point blank range after the ball deflected into the path of substitute of Jamie Rainford.

But the Bloods hung in to claim a hard fought three points.

By Nigel Barlow