Busy weekend for fire crews in Tameside
Monday 13th November 2017 09:58 Dukinfield Hyde News Posted by Adam Higgins

It was a busy weekend for firefighters across Tameside, who have issued a warning about the dangers of leaving cooking unattended after dealing with two kitchen fires. 

Firstly, three crews from Hyde, Stalybridge and Gorton attended a house on Haughton Street in Hyde at around 11:04am on Sunday (November 12).

The fire involved a pan of food on a gas cooker and the cause was accidental.

Firefighters wearing two breathing apparatus used one hose reel and one positive pressure ventilation fan to extinguish the flames. They were at the property for around 40 minutes.

Then, at around 12:30pm on Sunday, three crews from Stalybridge and Ashton attended a kitchen fire at a semi-detached property in Dukinfield.

Firefighters also wore two breathing apparatus and used one hose reel to extinguish the flames at the house in Birch View.

The cause of the fire was again accidental and crews were in attendance for 40 minutes.

Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service have took this opportunity to remind residents that most house fires start in the kitchen and make sure cooking is not left unattended. For more advice on staying safe in the kitchen, click here.