Weather Icon 8.4°C Rain
Match Report Droylsden leave it late to claim point against Tadcaster
Monday 2nd October 2017 @ 11:52 by Mark Phillip
Football Sports

Evo-Stik Division One North:

Droylsden 2-2 Tadcaster Albion

A ninety second minute equaliser saw Droylsden claim a late point after two headed goals from Tom Corner had twice given the visitors the lead.

New signings John Shaw and Danny Ventre started in place of the suspended Danny Hall and Luke Daly.
In a tight opening period, there were few chances, Shaquille Antoine Clarke going close for the Bloods, his shot from the edge of the area going just over the bar after the full back had broken from the right, while at the other end, Branagan saved well from Tom Corner.

It was Corner who broke the deadlock, putting the visitors in front on 29 minutes, his looping header from a Sellars cross finding the top corner.

Jamie Frost and Liam Caddick both had chances for the home team just before half time but Droylsden equalised three minutes after the resumption, Liam Caddick finishing well from close range after Kilheeney had won the ball just outside the area.

Dom Smith had a chance to put Droylsden ahead soon after, his shot deflected behind for a corner, but the visitors took the lead again on the hour mark, Corner heading home unmarked from a Greening corner.
Bloods pressed for an equaliser, Jamie Frost threading the ball through to Liam Caddick whose shot was well saved by Hartley.

Domaine Rouse and Steve Hall came on for Dom Smith and Jamie Frost but the visitors were reduced to ten men when substitute Cory Roper was shown a straight red after being on the pitch for just forty seconds after a tackle on Dylan Smith.

The home team pressed for an equaliser, Dylan Smith sent forward to play as an extra striker with Jack Rudge coming on in place of Ventre, and were rewarded in the 92nd minute when Steve Hall stabbed the ball home from six yards out in a goalmouth melee but the visitors nearly snatched it on the break in the dying seconds,with claims for a handball waved away by the referee.

By Nigel Barlow