Weather Icon 9.4°C Clear
Left food causes Denton house fire
Monday 2nd October 2017 @ 10:37 by Nigel P.
Ashton Denton & Audenshaw Hyde News Tameside

Fire chiefs want to remind  people to be aware of the dangers of leaving kitchens unattended while cooking. 

Three fire engines from Hyde and Ashton-Under-Lyne were called to tackle a fire in the kitchen of a house Stapleford Walk, Denton on Saturday evening, (September 30)

When fire crews arrived at the property just before 8.30 pm they discovered food that had been left unattended whilst being cooked had overheated and ignited.

The blaze required firefighters to use two breathing apparatus and one hose reel to extinguish it.

Two people were assisted from the building by firefighters, who remained at the scene for 25 minutes.