Fire service advises keep an eye “on the fat”
Tuesday 22nd August 2017 @ 10:19 by Nigel P.
Community Droylsden Gorton & Openshaw News Stalybridge Tameside

Fires starting in kitchens are an all too common reason for GMFRS call outs to domestic properties.

A Kitchen fire in Droylsden over the week-end has prompted Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS) crews to remind people to maintain their cooking appliances, keeping ovens, hobs and grills clean.

A build up of fat and grease can easily catch fire and is thought to be behind the accidental cause of a blaze at a house on Outram Square, Droylsden on Sunday, August 20th.

Three crews from Philips Park, Stalybridge and Gorton were called to the fire at around 12 30 pm to discover a fire in the kitchen of the property .

The crews used two breathing apparatus, a thermal imaging camera, specialist tools and a ventilation fan to extinguish the blaze.

Firefighters were on the scene for approximately 30 minutes.

 

For more information on fire safety log on to http:// www.manchesterfire.gov.uk