Weather Icon 6.9°C Overcast
Solar power brings fire crews to Audenshaw
Saturday 3rd June 2017 @ 14:00 by Nigel P.
Denton & Audenshaw Hyde Stalybridge

Electrical wires connected to solar pannelling are thought to be responsible for a fire that broke out in the roof space of an Audenshaw bungalow on Wednesday, May 31.

The blaze broke out in Wellington Street, just after 12.30pm and fire-fighters from Stalybridge, Hyde and Hollins responded to deal with the incident.

Crews employed two breathing apparatus, two hose reels, a short extension ladder and a dry powder fire extinguisher to extinguish the blaze around the electrical wiring.

They were at the scene for one hour and 45 minutes. Crews then completed a safe and well visit. There were no casualties reported.