Weather Icon 8.4°C Clear
MATCH REPORT Farsley Celtic 1-1 Droylsden
Monday 3rd April 2017 @ 09:20 by Mark Phillip
Football Sports

The Bloods deservedly shared the points with league leaders Farsley as substitute Jamie Frost cancelled out Ryan Watson’s screamer with six minutes left on the clock and nearly snatched all three points in the dying seconds of the game.

In a tight first half it was Droylsden who had the first opportunity, Adam Farrell although looking to be offside was put through one on one with goalkeeper, McKibbin saving his powerful shot.

The home side was forced into an early change soon after with centre half Davidson injured.

On the half hour mark, a great save from James Coates in the Bloods goal kept out a dipping Paul Walker volley from the right hand edge of the area but there was little between the two sides as they went into the break level.

Farsley came out in the second half looking the stronger, early on Walker was allowed too much room as he drove into the box only to shoot weakly at Coates at the near post while Ryan Watson also went close for the home team.

Both teams made changes with twenty five minutes left, Jack Rudge making way for Jamie Frost for the Bloods while Richard Marshall replaced Jordan Deacey for the home team.

It was going to take something special to break the deadlock and it came on seventy three minutes, the Bloods only half clearing a corner, the ball landing at the feet of Ryan Watson who hit an unstoppable shot into the top corner of James Coates’ net.

Bloods heads though didn’t drop and the team responded well. Liam Caddick felt he should have had a penalty when he was brought down, the referee instead awarding a free kick right on the edge of the area which was hit straight at the wall by Adam Farrell.

A minute later though the Bloods were level, Frost finding himself in space on the left of the box and expertly lobbing McKibbin into the empty net.

A minute later, Liam Caddick’s shot from the six yard area just shaved the post and with a minute of injury time left, Jamie Frost’s header was cleared off the line as Droylsden pushed for all three points.

By Nigel Barlow