Dismemberment of Tintwistle lay-by murder victim “took high level of skill” says pathologist.
Monday 10th April 2017 @ 20:13 by Nigel P.
Gorton & Openshaw Tameside

The scene at Didsbury Gate just east of Tintwistle following the gruesome discovery of the remains of Chinese national Yang Liu.

Day four at the trial of Miang Jiang accused of the murder of Yiang Liu at Minshull Crown Court, saw the end of the time line from the prosecution putting Miang Jiang into the narrative of Yang Liu’s Murder, dismemberment and eventual dumping of the victim’s remains.

Yang’s headless torso was found by a member of the public at Didsbury Gate, lay-by in Tintwistle, Derbyshire.

The prosecution admissions included a further £900 buy and £900 loss at 235 Casino in Manchester City Centre.

Evidence of the defendant using Yang’s Barclaycard and several more bank transactions were made from Yang Liu’s Barclaycard after his dissappearance on October 5th 2016.

A web chat message  to Yang’s mother was admitted saying he was “Okay” when it is almost certain he would have in fact already been dead when she received the message.

Infering the message was sent by Jiang who had access to Yang’s phone and computers to maintain the illusion that Yang was still alive.

That represented the end of admissions for the Jury to digest.

Judge John Potter, explained to the Jury that the admissions is evidence already agreed as fact between the defence counsel and the prosecution, so when the admissions are referred to in evidence later on throughout the trial they are acknowledged as facts.

The rest of Thursday’s evidence related to the discovery of the torso at the lay-by in Tintwistle by a dog walker who called police around midday on the  10th of October after he discovered what he thought might be human remains in a partially burnt samsonite suitcase.

Burnt grass marks the spot where the charred and mutilated body of murder victim Yang Liu was discovered near Tintwistle by a dog walker.

Evidence was heard from people including dog walkers and a local farmer who testified in statements that the case had not been there when they visited the site earlier the day before. This evidence narrows the window of time when Yang Liu’s remains could have been dumped at the location.

The court was shown computer graphics on the court video monitor which depicted the state of the body as it was found depicting the decapitation and cuts to the limbs.

In the first place it was headless and the right arm had been cut below the elbow. The left arm was minus it’s hand severed just above the wrist and the right leg was severed beneath the knee and the left just above knee.

Examination of the torso confirmed that it was badly burnt with damage to the skin in all bit a few areas including the left buttock. Soil samples from the lay-by did not suggest that dismemberment had taken place there.

The cuts were horizontal and a pathologist who examined the body at a laborotory at Leicester Royal Infirmary said“ It had taken a high level of skill to achieve this type of dismemberment.”