MATCH REPORT Droylsden 3-3 Radcliffe Borough
Monday 6th March 2017 @ 10:23 by Mark Phillip
Football Sports

The last time these two teams met at the Butcher’s Arms it finished 4-4 back in August in the FA Cup.

Today’s match produced another thrilling draw which saw the Bloods come back from three goals down in a game that both teams could have won in the final minutes.

After a fairly even start with both teams having early half chances, The Bloods, against the run of play found themselves two goals down, Elliot Rokka collecting a flick on from the head of Lewis Reilly to thread between the Bloods defence on twenty three minutes and eight minutes later, Reilly made it two as defenders stood off to allow the striker far too much room on the right of the area to beat Coates.

Droylsden started the second half with more vigour, Scott Metcalfe going close with a shot from the edge of the area but it was the visitors who scored again, Jack Hindle beating the offside trap to break down the right hand side to lay the ball at the feet of Reilly who couldn’t really miss from six yards.

Bloods hit back a minute later Ciaran Kilheeney getting his first goal since returning to the Bloods climbing above two central defenders to head past O’Loughan in the visitors goal.

At the other end Daniel Burns could easily have made it four for Boro, breaking from the half way line only to overrun the ball with Coates easily collecting.

Bloods brought on Domaine Rouse and Jamie Frost for Billy Hasler Cregg and Jack Rudge and continued to press for a second, Liam Caddick shooting over from the edge of the six yard area and Kilheeney saw his shot from the same place deflected over the bar for a corner.

The second followed shortly after, Jamie Frost’s shot only half cleared by the Boro defence, the ball falling at the feet of Kilheeney who made no mistake with a powerful strike into the net.

With ten minutes left, Domaine Rouse levelled the game, substitute Ben Deegan who had come on minutes earlier for Liam Caddick, nodding the ball down on the edge of the area to the midfielder to strike an unstoppable volley into the bottom corner.

In a frantic last few minutes both sides could have clinched it, Elliot Rokka denied by a great save from Coates while Ben Deegan deep into injury time saw his shot deflected over the bar off a defender.

By Nigel Barlow