Rubbish fire sparks set building alight.
Monday 6th February 2017 19:15 Ashton News Posted by Nigel P.

 

 

Three fire crews from Ashton, Hollins and Oldham attended a building fire on Smallshaw Lane, in Ashton at on Saturday evening on February 4,

On arrival at the scene crews found a large quantity of rubbish on fire inside a car port that had spread to a nearby property.

Firefighters used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel, a positive pressure fan and a short extension ladder to bring the fire under control.

They were in attendance at the property for approximately one hour, the cause of  the fire is believed to be accidental.