Stalybridge New Year’s rape trial set for June
Monday 9th January 2017 11:30 Dukinfield News Stalybridge Posted by Nigel P.

 

Mussadir Raja – appeared at Minshull Street Crown Court on Friday, 6 January 2017, at a preliminary hearing of his trial which is set for the 12 of June 2017.
Mr Raja, 37, from Dukinfield is charged with the rape of a teenage girl on New Year’s Day, 2016 and has already entered a plea of not guilty at earlier hearing and is currently on conditional bail.
During the 20 minute hearing Raja’s defence counsel, Mr Batra, raised several points with the prosecution, Nicola Wells, on behalf on his client.
Mr Batra said there is still outstanding material from the prosecution case that has not been received by the defence.
These included social services and medical reports on the complainant and evidence that keys that belonged to the complainant had been recovered.
Mr Batra said he would like to know by whom and where the keys were recovered.
He also disclosed that he was waiting on further cctv evidence.
Both counsels for the defence and prosecution agreed that all outstanding material should be submitted by the 14 April and that here should be a further case management hearing on 13 of May, which Mr Raja did not need to attend.
Though the judge reminded Mr Raja, that he must attend the on the first day of the trial, the trial is expected to take several days.

 

Castle Street in Stalybridge where the alleged offence took place in the early hours of New Year’s Day 2016.