Two Week-end house fires keep local fire-fighters busy.
Monday 23rd January 2017 11:34 Ashton Mossley & Saddleworth News Stalybridge Posted by Nigel P.

GMFRS continue to warn people about the dangers of leaving kitchens unattended while cooking following another chip pan fire in the Borough.

The first of two domestic local fires occurred in the roof void of a semi-detached house on Lindfield Road, Reddish.

The fire was discovered in the loft of the semi -detached property in the early hours of Sunday morning and fire-fighters arrived in three fire engines from Gorton and Whitehill and a Hydraulic Platorm and Fire Support Appliance from Oldham to tackle the blaze at 1.18 am.

Fire fighters used the hydraulic platform, to attack the fire from above, they also used a nine metre ladder, two hose reels and four breathing apparatus.

One casualty  was assessed by paramedics on the scene and was taken to hospital for precautionary checks.

Crews remained at the incident for just under five hours.

Later on Sunday evening 9.11pm on Sunday, January 22, firefighters from Oldham, Mossley and Stalybridge attended a kitchen fire at a property on The Laurels, Mossley.

Firefighters extinguished the fire in a chip pan  using one hose reel and two breathing apparatus.

Four people in the property escaped the fire, leaving the house before crews arrived.

Firefighters would like to remind people of the dangers of using chip pans: http://manchesterfire.gov.uk/fire_safety_advice/fire_safety_advice/safety_in_kitchen/

Crews were in attendance for forty minutes.