Fire Service wants fire safety in the kitchen to hit home following another pan fire
Monday 9th January 2017 @ 12:18 by Nigel P.
Ashton Hyde News Stalybridge

Despite several campaigns to warn people about the dangers of leaving kitchens unattended while cooking, the outbreak of fires originating in kitchens goes on

 

Fire-fighters in three fire engines from Stalybridge, Ashton and Hyde attended a fire at a house in Kendal Court, Stalybridge.

The fire which broke out around 7.00pm on Sunday, January 8, originated in the kitchen of the semi-detached house, after a pan of food had been left unattended.

Crews used two breathing apparatus and a hose reel to extinguish the fire and used a positive pressure fan to clear smoke from the property.

Firefighters were detained for approximately forty minutes.

The Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service wish to remind people to never leave cooking unattended.

More information on kitchen safety can be found here: http://www.manchesterfire.gov.uk/fire_safety_advice/fire_safety_advice/safety_in_kitchen/