Gas fire causes blaze in Stalybridge Semi
Monday 2nd January 2017 @ 08:45 by Nigel P.
Ashton Hyde News Stalybridge

Two people were taken to hospital as a precaution following a fire caused by a gas fire appliance at a semi detached property in Staly bridge.

A faulty gas fire is thought to be behind the cause of a house fire on Mottram Old Road, Stalybridge last Thursday Evening.

Fire broke out around the living room fire place just before 8.30 pm on December 29.

Three fire engines from Stalybridge, Ashton-Under-Lyne and Hyde fire stations were mobilised in response to  the fire  at the semi-detached domestic property .

Two casualties were conveyed to Tameside Hospital for a precautionary check ,

Fire fighters used one hose reel, one gas detector, one hearth kit and salvage gear to extinguish the fire.  and crews were in attendance for approximately one hour