Weather Icon 14.2°C Clear
Fire crews taken to the cleaners.
Thursday 29th December 2016 @ 14:15 by Nigel P.
Ashton News Stalybridge

A fire broke out in one of the machines at this commercial launderette in Holden Street, Ashton

Fire crews from three stations were called to deal with a blaze caused by an electrical fire in a tumble dryer on the premises of a commercial launderette in Ashton.

The fire broke out late on Wednesday night (22.03 pm) on the ground floor and crews from Hollins, Ashton-Under-Lyne and Stalybridge attended the industrial building  on Holden Street, Ashton-Under-Lyne.

Crews used four breathing apparatus, two hose reels and a positive pressure ventilation fan to bring the fire under control.

Sprinkler systems  fitted in the property prevented the fire spreading as rapidly as it might, have had they not been installed. The sprinklers also played a part in extinguishing the fire.

Crews remained at the premises for approximately eighty minutes.