No fun in the oven – despite warnings
Friday 18th November 2016 @ 23:30 by Nigel P.
Denton & Audenshaw News

 

 

 

3407017281_d7b068918c_z

 

Despite repeated warnings from the GMFRS,  following a spate of kitchen fires across the county, fire crews from three stations Hyde, Ashton and Stalybridge attended a blaze in Audenshaw, caused by food left unattended in a kitchen oven.

The fire broke out shortly before 6pm on Thursday, November 17, in Rowcon Close, Audenshaw, the house -holder had forgotten about a quantity of food that was cooking in the oven.

The food caught fire and filled the second floor flat with smoke, firefighters entered the flat and used a hose reel to extinguish the blaze.

GMFRS recently urged chefs. cooks and house-holders to please, Stand  by their Pans,in a bid to reduce the number of fires that have their origin in the kitchen.

The plea came after four kitchen fires in one hour across Greater Manchester. two of them in Tameside.