Weather Icon 16.8°C Partly Cloudy
Man Arrested after Carbon Monoxide Poisoning at Shops.
Friday 4th April 2014 @ 17:00 by Anna Fletcher
News

100_7573

Police have arrested a 55-year-old man after four people were rushed to hospital suffering from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning. Emergency services were called to Sana Tech, a computer sales and repair shop on Old Street, Ashton, at around 3.15pm last Thursday…. It is believed the carbon monoxide poisoning was caused by a petrol generator being used inside the building. Police and Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service were called to the scene and attended with a hazardous materials officer. A spokesperson for the Fire Service said: “We assessed the scene and a crew from Stalybridge was called to ventilate two units affected. “GMFRS remained on the scene until the building was deemed safe.”

For more on this story you can pick up a copy of this week’s (3rd April) Tameside Reporter